Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Why, WHY, when I actually have plans, does every other cool opportunity pop up?


Ok, Crazy Polish Kate and I have planned another trip to the beautiful island of Cortes, but this time figuring out when to go was a nightmare, because we're meeting our former neighbour who lives in Vancouver, and trying to balance all our schedules and decide on a meeting place took a lot of work. We're taking the kids too, but we're considering inviting our teen neighbour and her friend along as babysitters so the moms can go out and tear up the tiny town. We finally decided, after much debate, on an upcoming weekend and all was well again.

BUT BUT BUT!

I'm walking past a telephone pole covered in posters today, and suddenly I see the words "Ted Leo and the Pharmacists with Ghost at ______on______":the exact same weekend we're not going to be in town!!!!

Ted Leo! Ted Leo!

Of all the weekends, why must it be this particular one?

The world is sometimes so totally unfair.

1 comment:

katie's brain said...

Thanks Josie--I'll check your blog out when my boss isn't looking at me! Looks funny so far.