Saturday, August 27, 2005

Cancelled plans last night, wish I had some tonight.

Yesterday I would have rather had my legs sawed off without anesthesia than go out on a first date. I would have rather poked my eyes out with flaming Q-tips than go on a first date. I would have rather eaten a pound of raw hamburger than go out on a first date...you get the idea.

Tonight? I am so bored. Still not into the whole first date thing, but that has more to do with who the date was supposed to be with than anything else. I want to go see a movie. I want to talk with someone interesting. I want to take my shoes off and run around on the beach at night. No one I know is around to hang out with and I could use a little positive energy.

Last night, having a couple of glasses of wine and renting a video seemed like a wonderful relaxing choice. Tonight it feels like this might be the rest of my life.

7 comments:

madge said...

It's always best to have more wine on these nights than you did on the previous night. As for the nasty ex, I'll just go ahead and quote the word verification word: xykqeqrh!!

katie's brain said...

Perfect Madge...if only I could pronounce that! =)

Bobby said...

When they those polls, and people list death and public speaking as the top things they hate, I always suspect they secretly leave off first dates....

Probably because the geeks who create the polls need first dates so bad.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I've always said that I'd rather have a root canal without novocaine, or a thousand pap smears than go on another first date. Yuck.

kris said...

Not a chance, Katie. You are meant for a great relationship and great things! :)

katie's brain said...

Broom, you always say just the right thing to make me realize how good I've got it! ;-)

katie's brain said...

LOL--thanks Josie. Just one kid, but he's got multiple personalities, I think ;-)