Monday, August 22, 2005

Is it possible to be fascinating all the time?


I don't think so. I mean, you know, unless you're Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie or something. I've been trying to figure out what to write here recently, and haven't had much luck coming up with anything interesting. Part of that is probably because a lot of people I know have discovered the blog, and that's preventing me from saying much about what's going on in my life. Part of it is that I'm just kind of wiped out.

But anyways, here is an update/explanation for why I haven't been a posting monster this week. I'm heading back to school, full-time. I'm also keeping my job, almost full-time. And of course, the reason I do all this is to make a better life for my kid and me, and he takes up a lot of my time as well. And man, I am worried about keeping up. One false move and I am certain I will collapse from exhaustion, or have a nervous breakdown or something. I have 8 months left and then I can join the human race again. Until then though, I won't have any kind of time or any kind of money for any kind of social life. Which sucks, because that's usually where I get my best material.

Fret not though, fellow bloggers. I'll probably need to vent a lot, and I'm funnier when I'm pissed off, I think. I expect I'll probably be pissed off a lot more in the next few months.

Of course, before I sell my soul to the university and the man, I am getting one last weekend of freedom away from this dull little city. And you can bet I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

P.S. The "Tell this couple's prom night story" challenge is still on! Enter! I dare you, mofos!

4 comments:

katie's brain said...

God, this has been up for all of half an hour and has been spammed twice already. Does no one ever learn?

katie's brain said...

LOL...nah, it's be a waste of time for me to even try to switch teams at this point...I used to live with six lesbians in Montreal, and if I didn't feel compelled to come out in that environment, I'm guessing I must be really, really straight. But, like I said, lived with six lesbians, so if you ever want a word from someone who was a fairly objective observer living in the community, let me know!

madge said...

Hooray, you posted again! And again, and again. School full time & work full time -- we'll be wearing the same moccasins! You are fascinating all the time. Thanks for the giggle fits.

katie's brain said...

aww-thanks Madge! Anytime I can give you giggle fits I'm happy.