Thursday, July 21, 2005

If you don't hear from me by Tuesday....

Call the authorities. Crazy Polish Kate and I are heading to Cortes Island to camp all weekend. Now, those of you who know me might have noticed that I've never mentioned my love of camping. That's because it doesn't exist. The last time I went camping with friends I got so drunk I passed out and the next thing I know my friends were dragging me out of some kind of wicked rainstorm. Later I was huddled up shivering in a sleeping bag near the campfire, trying to get warm again, and the sleeping bag caught on fire. Not pretty. Ok, I'll admit, this was many years ago, back in my days of drunken debauchery, long before I had a child.

But...the child will not be coming with me. He will be safe in an undisclosed location. Which means there is nothing to stop me from partaking in a little tiny bit of debauchery. And Kate tells me that this island is inhabited by "the BEST looking men in the WHOLE WORLD!"

I am only a mere woman, and we all know about my weakness for the opposite sex. Well, if we didn't all know, we do now. It's a disease. Men make me act silly--they make me do silly things. So, ladies, start clutching those pearls in fear and disgust, because who knows what kind of trouble I may get into? Unless I smell patchouli oil. That stuff is like kryptonite to me.

No comments: