Friday, March 17, 2006

Geek Girl Breaks Down


Hi, my name is Katie, and I'm an internet geek.

I've been posting on various chat boards for over 7 years. I'm addicted to Alias and Veronica Mars and can spend hours online snarking about the hilarity that is America's Next Top Model (who here thinks Jade's makeover served her right?).

I used to have a myspace page and actually own cds by bands who asked me to put them on my "friends list."

I once pitched in with a bunch of people at TWoP to send a plane and banner over the Big Brother 2 House in order to drive houseguest/professional cook Nicole even more insane than she already was.

I collect Pez dispensers.

When internet neophytes send me annoying chain e-mail that suggests something tragic might happen to me if I don't pass it along to 5 of my closest friends, or when they send me stuff about kidnapped children from Wisconsin, I immediately send them a nasty note containing a link to About.com's Urban Legends page. It never stops them, by the way.

But last night, I broke down, and purchased the ULTIMATE in Net Geek Chic--I bought the unofficial Snakes on a Plane t-shirt!

I love that there are already unofficial t-shirts for a movie that isn't out yet. I love that a movie with a premise this stupid is actually being made. I love that it's being made by people who seem gleeful about their involvement in this movie precisely because the premise IS so stupid. I love that it stars Samuel-there ain't a damn thing you can do about it-Jackson. I love the stories behind this movie.

I love my t-shirt.

3 comments:

wegrit said...

You might be a lousy Irish-Canadian, but it's okay. Because you're Canadian!

Also, that's a kick-ass t-shirt. Kick-ass t-shirts completely even out any geekiness embodied by its wearer
=)

the kevin scurry blog said...

I wonder what "Snakes On a Plane" will feature. I hope it's those delightful penguins from that other movie!

Anna said...

We are one Katie, I KNOW it.