Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm getting married!

Last night, Sean and I were coming home after having a few drinks. I was wearing this ridiculous red bobbed wig that I'd bought earlier in the day, and we were holding hands and just talking and laughing and I was desperately trying to flag down a cab so we could avoid walking the whole ten minutes to his place. We'd had a really great day together, just drinking each other in, and I felt so completely happy. We were walking along the harbour, right across from Victoria's Parliament Building, which is beautiful at night because it's all lit up and it reflects on the water. We kissed a bit on the corner and told each other how much we love each other, and suddenly Sean said, "I had this whole big plan but..." and the rest is a blur. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I'm pretty sure I said yes. I think I asked him if he was serious two or three times. I told him to ask me again the next day so I'd know it wasn't the drinks. He asked me as soon as I woke up.

I'm so happy. I love this man so much. I am feeling so grateful to the universe for introducing me to my best friend, and I can't wait to start the rest of our lives together.

4 comments:

CateC said...

I'm so happy for you, Katie!!!

Will you be wearing the wig at the wedding? I'll have to find a big old ass bow to match.

Boo said...

I think Sean should wear the wig!!! Yes yes yes. With blue tights. and you . . must wear something fl0aty!

Joe D. said...

That's makes two of us.

And cehongrats to the two of you!!

Unknown said...

Hey where did the other posts about us go to? There are at least two or three that have been excised. Why’d you do that?