Saturday, September 16, 2006

November

We were drinking. Next to each other, leaning over the deck of an enormous house, both watching the stars and smiling into the dark sky. And he said something and I laughed, and then I said something, and pretty soon we had a lot to say to each other, even though we'd only met 5 minutes ago. And I was drunk from wine and fresh night air and nervousness, and I started to talk (and talk and talk) about every thought that passed through my brain and I could feel my cheeks were burning, despite the fact that the rest of my body was shaking from the cold, and I couldn't stop grinning and talking and grinning and I was in mid-story and he grinned back and leaned in and kissed me and then leaned back and grinned again.


And I fumbled for the railing behind me and stared at him and then laughed in shock, and he laughed back and said, "I had to do SOMETHING to get you to breathe!"

And I was done for.

But I sure didn't want him to figure that out right away, so I laughed again and said, "I like you. You want to know why?"

And he nodded, so I said, "Because there's nothing I like watching more than a man who gets turned on by a woman's brain."

And I kissed him back.

4 comments:

CateC said...

Great post... now VERY curious....

egan said...

So cool. I fell big time for my wife's intellect. I happen to think my wife is damn cute too, but the intellect is far more important than all that other stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Boo said...

Now that post? Was totally full of hate. Why so much hate Katie?

;)

katie's brain said...

That's all I gots room for Boo ;-)